CISM - Certified Information Security Manager
The CISM is a security management certification that demonstrates that the owner has an excellent knowledge, skills and experience in security consulting and management.
It is maintained by ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association)
The CISM certification is geared towards Governance, program management as well as other security concepts. It contains information from:
- Security Governance;
- Risk Management;
- Security program development;
- Security program management;
- Incident response;
To be considered certified, the following criteria must be satisfied:
Note: The exam is only available in June and December.
- The candidate must register for the exam and pay the examination fee;
- The candidate must at least five years of professional experience in security. A minimum of three years must be in security management related to the areas from above. Some exceptions may apply;
- The candidate must sign a Code of Professional Ethics;
- The candidate must pass an exam of multiple-choice questions.
- The candidate must complete the CISM application for certification.