MCDBA - Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
The MCDBA is a certification that demonstrates that the owner has the skills and ability to design, implement and administer Microsoft SQl Server 2000 databases.
This certification is maintained by the Microsoft Corporation
MCAD is designed for users that work with SQL Server 2000. Individuals that work with newer versions of SQL Server should instead work with other certifications such as the Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS).
The benefits of being an MCDBA are:
- The recognition of the MCDBA certification by the industry;
- Access to specialized technical information through Microsoft;
- Access to exclusive discounts from selected companies;
- MCDBA certificate, wallet card, lapel pin and other items to identify you as a member of the Microsoft Certification Program;
- Invitations to Microsoft conferences, training sessions and other events;
- Free access to the Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine Online;
- A discount on the SQL Server Magazine;
- A discount on membership to the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS)
To become certified as a Microsoft Certified Database Administrator, the individual must pass three core exams (one SQL Server administration exam, one SQL Server design exam and either a Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003 exam). Additionally the individual must pass one elective exam.